- Lineup for AJW's major show at the Yoyogi Gym #2 in Tokyo on December 8 has finally been announced:
- Manami Toyota takes on Kyoko Inoue in the main event. These two have had numerous classic matches in the past. However this is the first singles match they have had since around this time in 1996, the quality probably won't be to that level, but this will almost certainly be the best match on the card. I doubt AJW will want Toyota losing again at a major show, but I said that a year ago before she submitted to an abdominal stretch against Chigusa. A listing of their past matches is available here.
- Semi main is Yumiko Hotta vs. Takako Inoue for the WWWA title. This probably won't be very good. For the most part Takako has been crap this year, being more interested in pretending to be a boxer and in using the stun gun than she has in working. Hotta retains.
- Mima Shimoda and Etsuko Mita defend the WWWA Tag Team titles against Tomoko Watanabe and Kumiko Maekawa. This should be a good match. Back in 1997 Shimoda and Mita won the titles from Maekawa and Watanabe. As Shimoda and Mita don't work for AJW, I'm expecting the natives to win the belts back, but knowing AJW, LCO could just as easily retain them.
- Lioness Asuka vs. Nanae Takahashi will be a good match if Lioness is in the mood for working very hard. Unquestionably, Asuka wins.
- Kaoru Ito and Momoe Nakanishi vs. Cooga and Megumi Yabushita of Jd' should at least be decent. The win could go to either team. As AJW usually allows itself to get bullied by outsiders on major shows, the Jd' girls will probably win.
- Miho Wakizawa & Kayo Noumi vs. Chaparrita ASARI & Hiromi Yagi should be good because they all work basically the same style. I expect ASARI and Yagi will win this.
- Ayako Saeki debuts against Miyuki Fuji. As Fuji means nothing an AJW have big hopes for Saeki, she will win this.
- JWP's February tour is called "Lord Have Mercy 2000".
- JWP drew a poor 1100 to Korakuen Hall today for an event headlined by Ran YuYu defeating Commando Bolshoi in 26:40. By winning this, Ran will get a JWP Open Weight title shot.
- ARSION have recently confirmed the lineup for their Hyper Visual Fighting Carnival ARSION '99 event on December 11 at the Yokohama Bunka Gym:
- Ayako Hamada and AKINO defend the Twin Star of ARSION against Mima Shimoda and Etsuko Mita. This is an interesting match, Shimoda and Mita haven't done any jobs since entering ARSION in the summer, so this would seem like the obvious place for them to take their first loss as it would elevate their younger opponents. Shimoda and Mita currently hold AJW's WWWA tag team titles, because of this I doubt that AJW will want them failing to win a lesser tag title, although with AJW anything is possible. IMO, the result of this match will be dependent on whether Shimoda and Mita retain the WWWA tag belts sucessfully against Maekawa and Watanabe on December 8.
- Aja Kong defends the Queen of ARSION against Mariko Yoshida. Yoshida won the title at this show last year, but was a flop at the box office and nothing much has changed since then. Giving Yoshida the title back would be financial suicide, even if she is their best worker.
- In a mixed tag match, Michiko Ohmukai and Magnum TOKYO take on Mikiko Futagami and Sumi Fuji. This could go one of two ways, either they work it as a serious match and it turns out to be excellent, or Fuji spends the entire match trying to get into the ring with Ohmukai, and the match sucks. Either team could win.
- Chaparrita ASARI defends the Sky High of ARSION against Hiromi Yagi. This should be a good match, and since neither is an ARSION employee, the result could go either way. I'd lean towards either ASARI or a draw since Yagi hasn't been in any of the lucha style matches.
- In a lucha rules match, Mari Apache and Ai Fujita are against Linda Starr and Rie Tamada. This will be a good match because all four women are spot wrestlers.
- The opener is entitled "ARSION Premier Singles Virgin 99", and will be Candy Okutsu vs. Yumi Fukawa. I hope this will be a decent match. Unfortunately Candy has seriously deteriorated this year, and isn't really a good worker anymore so it could end up sucking badly. Hopefully ARSION have realised there is no future in pushing Candy heavily and Fukawa will get the win.
- Another Yuko Kosugi vs. Shark Tsuchiya match will be happening early in 2000.
- The final of the Twin Star of ARSION tournament is on December 19 at KBS Hall, Kyoko. No word on whether the winners get the titles, or just a title match.
- Esther Moreno retained the Reina de Reinas title against Roka today, scoring the pin after 12:59.
- ARSION have Stardom 2000 on January 30 at ZEPP Tokyo.
- AJW on December 4 will have Kumiko Maekawa & Momoe Nakanishi vs. Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue, and Mima Shimoda & Etsuko Mita vs. Manami Toyota & Kayo Noumi.
- JWP "Solid Sliger" on November 29 at Korakuen Hall will have Commando Bolshoi vs. Ran YuYu; Dynamite Kansai vs. Kana Misaki; Azumi Hyuga & Acute Sae vs. Devil Masami & Marcella; and Carlos Amano vs. Chihiro Nakano. This show will be taped for television, and once again they bury their Open Weight champion in a pointless undercard match. Given that Hyuga holds the title, and has done so for much of the year, she should be defending it at TV tapings, and against the likes of Devil and Kansai. Instead, she is normally working with jobbers like Haruyama and Sae. This would suggest that JWP doesn't have much faith in Hyuga as champion, in which case, why does she have the title?
- The Jd' show at the Kitasawa Town Hall in Tokyo on December 7 will feature Cooga vs. Lioness Asuka; Yuko Kosugi vs. Morimatsu; Sumie Sakai vs. KAZUKI; and The Bloody vs. Yoshiko Tamura with Bloody's AWF title on the line. Whilst on the subject of Jd', their year end show at the Ariake Col... er... Korakuen Hall this year on December 28 will be headlined by the Asuka vs. Cooga TWF title match with Cooga's mask on the line.
- On November 23 in an AJW Tag League The Best match, Tomoko Watanabe and Kumiko Maekawa (4) beat Yumiko Hotta and Miyuki Fuji (2) in 16:10 when Maekawa pinned (obviously) Fuji.
- ARSION ran a couple of Twin Star of ARSION matches at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo today. Firstly Aja Kong & Rie Tamada (5) drew with Mariko Yoshida & Mikiko Futagami (3), and AKINO & Ayako Hamada (4) beat Chaparrita ASARI & Hiromi Yagi (4) in 16:54 when Hamada made Yagi submit to La Ayakita. Currently in the Twin Star league, Ohmukai & Fukawa are leading with six points and a match vs. Hamada & AKINO remaining. Kong & Tamada are in second place with five points and no remaining matches. Behind them, Hamada & AKINO are in third with four points and three matches remaining. The other teams, Yoshida & Futagami, ASARI & Yagi, and Starr & Apache are too far behind to be able to win.
- JWP on December 5 has Devil, Ran, Misaki & Haruyama vs. Kansai, Hyuga, Bolshoi & Amano.
- At the Osaka Gym #2 on December 8 JWP has the "Thank You Osaka '99 One Night Tournament". Apparently the only round one matches are Kana Misaki vs. Carlos Amano and Yoshiko Tamura vs. Misae Genki. Other match is Kansai & Hyuga vs. Devil & Ram.
- JWP has another tournament on December 10 at the Tokyo Kitasawa Town Hall, this time it's tag teams, and again with only two first round matches. The draw is Kansai & Misaki vs. Hyuga & Ran; and Bolshoi & Amano (The Tag Team champions, although you wouldn't know it) vs. Haruyama & Sae. Also Alexander Ohtsuka will take on another Battlarts wrestler.
- GAEA return to Korakuen Hall on December 5. The main event will be Toshie Uematsu, Meiko Satomura & Toshiyo Yamada vs. Mayumi Ozaki, Sugar Sato & RIE of Team Nostradamus. This match could go either way, but it'll be Sugar or Uematsu that does the job.
Semi main event is Chigusa Nagayo vs. Chikayo Nagashima. Chigusa is obviously going to win this. In recent months Chigusa's ring work has improved a lot, and she seems more interested in actually selling and letting the opposition get in some offence. If this lasts long enough to have any substance it might be decent, but with Chigusa you never know.
Lioness Asuka & Sonoko Kato meet Akira Hokuto & RIE. The last time Asuka and Hokuto met was on October 2, with Hokuto & Oz beating Lioness & Kato. I'm guessing that Lioness' team will get the victory here, almost certainly with RIE doing the job.
KAORU vs. Sugar Sato won't be much good. Sugar can't work a lick, and KAORU is pretty limited. KAORU gets the win.
Sakura Hirota takes on Kaori Nakayama in the latest installment of the worst Japanese women's feud of the year. Hirota was been worse than ever in recent months with her "comedy", doing impersonations of other wrestlers and running away rather than working. Every televised match these two have had recently has consisted of a load of stalling, Kaori getting fed up and giving Hirota a low-blow, more pathetic comedy, and finally Nakayama getting the win. I doubt anything will change.
The opener is Meiko Satomura vs. Ayaka Takenouchi. Satomura will certainly win this.
- Lioness Asuka will be defending the TWF title against Cooga at Korakuen in December. Cooga will lose her mask if she gets beaten here. This is a pretty silly stipulation because not only does everyone already know that Cooga is early 90's AJW mid-carder Miori Kamiya, but at EVERY Jd' television taping, there is a large Cooga banner hanging from the balcony with Cooga's real name in Japanese on it! As Cooga is such a limited wrestler and has no drawing power whatsoever, Lioness will win this.
- Chikako Shiratori is going to be working with the American WNWA women's promotion.
- AJW ran a really strange show at their garage in Tokyo today. Manami Toyota's team took on Yumiko Hotta's team in a series of five singles matches, all with ten minute time limits. The final score ended up as two wins each, and one time limit draw. Toyota's team had consisted of Kumiko Maekawa and jobbers Ayako Saeki and Miyuki Fuji. Hotta teamed up with Momoe Nakanishi, Tomoko Watanabe and Kayo Noumi.
- With SSU broken up, the big feud in GAEA has switched to GAEA vs. Team Nostradamus. The November 27 event at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo will have a twelve women GAEA vs. Team Nostradamus series. It appears this will be comprised of six individual singles matches. Pairings have not yet been announced, however the GAEA team will be Chigusa Nagayo, KAORU, Toshiyo Yamada, Meiko Satomura, Toshie Uematsu and Sakura Hirota. Representing Team Nostradamus will be Akira Hokuto, Aja Kong, Mayumi Ozaki, Sugar Sato, Chikayo Nagashima and Kaori Nakayama. Also, Ayaka Takenouchi is taking on Sonoko Kato.
- GAEA open's up the new millenium on January 16 at Korakuen Hall. The January tour will be entitled "Rumbling of the New Age".
- JWP have a show on December 30 that sounds beyond weird. Apparently JWP president Masayoshi Yamamoto will be involved, along with Yamakawa from Big Japan. It does't sound like this is going to involve any wrestling, presumably it is some kind of tv game show or something.
- JWP's first show of the new year is on January 4 at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo at 1:00pm. As New Japan are at the Tokyo Dome later that afternoon, I'm guessing they will hope to sell some extra tickets to people who arrived early for that.
- JWP in Niigata City today saw Azumi Hyuga, Dynamite Kansai, Carlos Amano & Commando Bolshoi beat Devil Masami, Ran YuYu, Acute Sae & Kana Misaki in 15:40 when Azumi pinned Ran.
- Neo Ladies were in Soka, Saitama today, only result I have is that in a Neo Japan Cup match, Kyoko Inoue (11) beat Chaparrita ASARI (8) with a Niagra Driver in 15:20.