- LLPW at Korakuen Hall on March 20 had a defence of the LLPW Six Woman tag team titles as the main event. Takako Inoue, Rumi Kazama and Eagle Sawai retained the titles over Harley Saito, Mizuki Endo and Keiko Aono.
Despite her planned opponent being injured, Shinobu Kandori still did an L-1 rules match, defeating a twenty year old Lithuanian muay thai fighter called Yakaimowa Rubovi by referee stoppage after 2:12 when Kandori had her in a sleeper hold. Kandori's match with Svetlana Novikova might still be happening when Novikova has recovered from her broken thumb. Kandori is still supposed to be interested in doing a shoot match with female boxer Leila Ali. The show drew a fairly good crowd of 1800.
- AJW on March 20 drew 1046 and was headlined by a tag team match with Nanae Takahashi and Tomoko Watanabe defeating Kumiko Maekawa and Manami Toyota when Watanabe pinned Maekawa. Watanabe and Takahashi will be wrestling Etsuko Mita and Mima Shimoda for the WWWA Tag Team titles in a best of three falls match at the "Spring Rumble" show on May 4 at the Kawasaki City Gym. Takahashi and Watanabe will almost certainly be teaming up a lot before that to build up their credibility for the match. It's unlikely they will win the belts unless AJW want them back on AJW wrestlers.
- AJW are at Korakuen Hall on April 1 for an afternoon show with the following matches:
- Kumiko Maekawa vs. Miyuki Fuji. Maekawa definately goes over.
- Miho Wakizawa and Kayo Noumi vs. Chaparrita ASARI and Takako Inoue. Wakizawa and Noumi have been getting push a bit lately, they will probably win with ASARI doing the job.
- Nanae Takahashi vs. Etsuko Mita. Takahashi should win this to give the impression she has a chance of winning the tag team titles from LCO, don't count on it though.
- Momoe Nakanishi, Kaoru Ito and Tomoko Watanabe vs. Mima Shimoda, Manami Toyota and Yumiko Hotta. About a 90% chance of the heels going over. Momoe is likely to be jobbing.
- Mima Shimoda and Etsuko Mita retained the Twin Star of ARSION against Bionic J and Michiko Ohmukai yesterday at Korakuen Hall. Also at the show Yumi Fukawa had her retirement match defeating Mariko Yoshida. Surprising to see Fukawa win her last match because almost nobody ever gets a win in their last match. Even major stars like Chigusa Nagayo and Jaguar Yokota lost their retirement matches.
- GAEA are at the small KBS Hall in Kyoto on March 18 with Lioness Asuka, Chikayo Nagashima and Saika Takeuchi vs. Akira Hokuto, Dynamite Kansai and KAORU; Toshie Uematsu and Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong and Toshiyo Yamada; Sakura Hirota vs. Saika Takeuchi; and Chigusa Nagayo and Toshie Uematsu vs. Devil Masami and Mayumi Ozaki.
At Niigata Phase on March 25 matches will be Dynamite Kansai and Mayumi Ozaki vs. Lioness Asuka and Meiko Satomura; Chigusa Nagayo and The Bloody vs. Akira Hokuto and Devil Masami; Aja Kong and KAORU vs. Chikayo Nagashima and Toshie Uematsu; Sakura Hirota vs. Toshiyo Yamada; and Saika Takeuchi vs. Toshie Uematsu. Sugar Sato and Sonoko Kato are both out with injuries.
- First round brackets for the JWP tag team title tournament on March 31 are Misae Genki and Ran YuYu vs. Carlos Amano and Kana Misaki; Commando Bolshoi and Azumi Hyuga vs. Miho Watabe and Keiko Aono; Kyoko Inoue and Kaneyama vs. Acute Sae and Yoshiko Tamura.
- LLPW on March 20 at Korakuen Hall will have a defence of the Six Woman Tag Team titles as Eagle Sawai, Rumi Kazama and Takako Inoue meet Keiko Aono, Harley Saito and Mizuki Endo; Sayuri Okino vs. Noriyo Tateno; Emi Motokawa vs. Shark Tsuchiya and Miho Watabe vs. Carol Midori. Shinobu Kandori vs. Svetlana Novikova has been cancelled because Novikova suffered an injury whilst training. Kandori will still appear, but against a different opponent.
- NEO have Remix Golden Gate 2001 at the Yoyogi Gym, Tokyo on May 3. No word yet as to whether or not this will be another shoot fight event.
- A magazine on soon to be retired ARSION wrestler Yumi Fukawa is being released in Japan shortly.
- Saw a few pictures of the February 24 Jd' "Metal Garage" cage match between Fang Suzuki and Sachie Abe, the cage enclosed the ring and was made of fencing along the lines of the WWF "Hell In The Cell" cages but a lot more solid looking. Jd' have also changed their company logo.
- On February 25 at Stella Hall Sakura Hirota came out for her tag team match with drawn on stomach muscles.
- The main event of AJW's event at Differ Ariake on March 25 will be Miho Wakizawa, Nanae Takahashi and Miho Wakizawa vs. Manami Toyota, Etsuko Mita and Mima Shimoda.
- Shinobu Kandori is going to have a "no rules" match on March 20 at Korakuen Hall against 26 year old Svetlana Novikova, a 160lb woman from Russia who is being nicknamed as the "Female Rickson". Novikova is said to be a European champion in kick boxing.
- Tomoko Watanabe defends the All Pacific title against Nanae Takahashi on March 11. Takahashi has a singles match against Toyota a week later on March 18. Only other AJW title match coming up is at Okayama Budokan on March 19 with Miho Wakizawa and Kayo Noumi defending the All Japan tag titles against Terashita and Mika Nishio
- LLPW on March 17 has Eagle Sawai and Rumi Kazama vs. Shinobu Kandori and Mizuki Endo; Noriyo Tateno vs. Emi Motokawa; Takako Inoue vs. Miho Watabe and Sayuri Okino vs. Carlos Amano. No question as to who goes over in every match.
- Jd' at Korakuen Hall on March 18 will have a double titles defence with Megumi Yabushita vs. Sumie Sakai and a singles match with Aja Kong vs. The Bloody. Jd' have their fifth anniversary show on April 29 also at Korakuen.
- GAEA have "Edge of the Heart" at Korakuen Hall on March 11. Matches announced are Lioness Asuka, Chikayo Nagashima and Toshie Uematsu vs. Aja Kong, Toshiyo Yamada and KAORU, and another tag match with Chigusa Nagayo and Meiko Satomura vs. Akira Hokuto and Mayumi Ozaki. Look for the focus there to be on Ozaki vs. Satomura as they are likely to be having a title match at the April anniversary show. As this is one of the last Korakuen shows before that one, Satomura could get the pin here in order to give her some credibility going into that match.
- Mima Shimoda retained the NEO Singles title and NWA Pacific women's titles against Misae Genki on March 7, getting the win with a sleeper hold. The next defence of the title is supposed to be against Kyoko Inoue. Shimoda beat Kyoko a few weeks ago in a tournament match so I wouldn't be too surprised to see Kyoko get her win back here and take the titles.
Hotta vs. Kandori
- AJW ran their major show at Tokyo's Ota Ward Gym on February 28 drawing a strong crowd of 4650, the best attendance they've had in quite a while. The main event was a "Vale Tudo" match which saw Yumiko Hotta finally get a decisive victory over LLPW's Shinobu Kandori, scoring the win in 7:20 when Kandori tapped out. The last meeting between these two was at L-1 on November 22 which Kandori won. This was Kandori's first loss in a shoot style match since July 18 1995 when she was beaten by Svetlana Gundarenko, the Russian woman who recently lost a shoot match to Megumi Yabushita.
The other key match on the show was an elimination tag that saw Manami Toyota, Mima Shimoda, Kumiko Maekawa and Etsuko Mita lose by two falls to four against the AJW faces Kaoru Ito, Nanae Takahashi, Momoe Nakanishi and Tomoko Watanabe. In a tag team match Kayo Noumi and Miho Wakizawa won by DQ against Eagle Sawai and Takako Inoue. AJW have been building a storyling with Noumi and Wakizawa against the Black Joker team for several months now and although a win for Wakizawa and Noumi was a good move, hopefully we will see them pick up a legit win sometime soon.
- Manami Toyota turned heel against AJW recently and joined Yumiko Hotta's group that also has Kumiko Maekawa, Etsuko Mita and Mima Shimoda as members.
- AJW are at Korakuen Hall on March 4 with the following lineup:
- Miyuki Fuji vs. Mika Nishio
- Takako Inoue vs. Kayo Noumi. Noumi might finally get her win here, but I wouldn't count on it.
- Retirement ceremony for Reggie Bennett. Bennett was an AJW wrestler in the mid 1990s before moving onto ARSION for a while. She left the scene in 1999 and came back briefly with JWP last year.
- Tomoko Watanabe and Nanae Takahashi vs. Mima Shimoda and Etsuko Mita. Unless Watanabe pins someone, Takahashi will probably get pinned here.
- Miho Wakizawa, Momoe Nakanishi and Kaoru Ito vs. Kumiko Maekawa, Yumiko Hotta and Manami Toyota. As they lost the match at the Ota Ward Gym the heels will probably win here, most likely with Wakizawa losing because they seem intent on pushing Momoe as the #3 face in the promotion.
- Jd' have "Revenge on the Enemy" at Differ Ariake on March 4, the lineup is:
- Riyudo Tori vs. Chitoshi Yamamoto. This won't be good at all because both are very limited in what they can do.
- SAYA and Kuro Hime vs. Ran Maru and Tsuki Maru
- Fang Suzuki vs. KAZUKI. Fang will probably win.
- Sumie Sakai vs. Tsubasa Kuragaki. Sakai will win.
- Ayuno Ohmori vs. Chiaki Nishi. Either could win. Considering these two are unknowns they are competing very high up on the card.
- The Bloody vs. Sachie Abe. Should be at least a good match. Bloody is likely to go over, although with Abe now being pushed as the top face she could be given the win.
- Megumi Yabushita vs. Drake Morimatsu for the AWF Title and Queen of the Ring.
- Mima Shimoda defends the NWA Pacific and NEO singles titles against Misae Genki on March 7 in Tokyo. Shimoda looks to be working regularly for NEO so she might well keep the title here. Other matches are Kyoko Inoue and Takako Inoue vs. Yoshiko Tamura and Yuka Shiina; Chaparrita ASARI vs. Yuka Shiina and Tanny Mouse and Yuki Miyazaki vs. Yuka Nakamura and Junko Yagi.
- Aja Kong, Mima Shimoda, Etsuko Mita, Carlos Amano, Azumi Hyuga, Ran YuYu, Yoshiko Tamura, Kyoko Inoue, Misae Genki, Michiko Ohmukai and others are working an indy show at Korakuen Hall on May 22.