Psychology of learning mathematics
Divergent thinking and mathematics attainment among biology students
- Definitions - Divergent and convergent thinking
- Hudson more convergent thinkers than divergent thinkers
- Why do some people achieve more than others? Divergence as
a non-genetic factor.
- Mathematical creativity - divergent thinking vs. divergent bias
- Mayr - methodology - mathematics vs. history
- Mathematics - biology dialogue - providing mathematics for
(B) Research Approach
- Divergent thinking: examples (Guilford, Hudson)
- Mathematics attainment: (GCSE, 'A' Level)
Number of people
- School of biology: ask for volunteers via e-mail
- Ethical assessment
- A level students at Ilfracombe?
- 1. n>30-60
Statistics: Fisher exact 2x2 test.
- 2. n = 10?
Collect additional info:
- GCSE and A Level subjects
- views of mathematics questionaire?
Links at this site...
Links at other sites...